AFMAN 31-101v3 and Altus AFB IDP 31-101 states that personnel initially denied an escorted or unescorted access badge or pass may appeal the decision. If you would like to submit an appeal please follow the instructions below.
- Obtain a copy of your criminal history (this may be done at the local court clerk’s office).
- Establish the reason that you were denied.
- Provide LEGAL DOCUMENTATION establishing that charges were dropped, dismissed, deferred, acquitted, etc. This documentation can be obtained from your assigned lawyer, their legal aide, the District Attorney, the Court Clerk, etc.
Write a letter requesting an appeal. The letter should include:
- Detailed description of the crime.
- Detailed description of any legal proceedings regarding the crime.
- Your signature.
- Include your Sponsor POC’s name and contact number.
Once you have completed the previous steps please submit the letter requesting an appeal, any pertinent legal documentation, and a copy of your criminal history to Altus Air Force Base’s Pass and ID section. You will do this by contacting your Base Contracting POC (For Official Contractors please contact the sponsoring organization: 97 CONS, 97 CES, 97 MDG, etc. For Unofficial Contractors and Visitors please contact the Pass and ID section at (580) 481-6340) and they will submit the appeal for you and you may mail the appeal to: 97 SFS Pass and ID 428 Challenger St. Bldg: 428 Altus AFB, OK 73523
Note: If the above criteria is not met and/or the procedures are not followed your appeal package will NOT be routed for review and the appeal will NOT be granted. All appeals must be submitted within 15 calendar days of the original denial.
- The appeal package will be processed for approval.
- Once the decision is made your Sponsor POC will be notified.
NOTE: The Security Forces Commander has the authority to deny any personnel with extensive criminal history that is not listed below that he deems could potentially pose a danger of good order and discipline to the installation or its personnel.